Hogan's Alley

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Steve Jobs, Creator of Beautiful Technology



I bought an Apple IIe in the early 80's.  It was a thing of beauty, opening up a whole new world of possibility.  But, my God, how primitive it was by today's standards!  The first time I touched an iPhone and experienced the magic of its interface I had another WOW moment.  By coincidence, today I ordered an iPad 2.  I had been thinking about buying another tablet, but after seeing one in a hotel bar over the weekend, I again fell in love with the thing.  What a peculiar and wondrous ability the man possessed.  He knew intuitively how the look and feel of a thing could stir the heart as well as the mind.

Steve Jobs will be missed.  He was one of a kind.  America is poorer for his going, but how marvelous to have shared his time on the planet.

Labels: ,